Hanley Wood Marketing
Audience: FedEx customers, global policymakers and thought leaders
Global shipping and logistics leader, FedEx, wanted to transform its customer on-boarding experience. The goals: create a simpler, more integrated program with a friendly voice; deliver more-robust and relevant online information; and ultimately reduce fulfillment costs.
Print annual publication, social media, website and email
Access by FedEx
FedEx wanted to articulate a point of view that represented the power of its global network and wide interests of stakeholders companywide. The thought leadership program needed to answer the question: What is the greater benefit FedEx provides to the world when it delivers more than 10.5 million packages a day?
To be effective, a thought leadership platform must:
- Be relevant. Find common ground that is meaningful to FedEx customers, its communities and its own business objectives.
- Connect to purpose. Support the FedEx purpose to connect people and possibilities around the world.
- Own a position. Stake out a simple, ownable position that sets the stage for emotional storytelling as proof points: A connected world is a better world.
FedEx Access is an integrated program, including print, website, email and social media.
- Magazine: Showcases the Access 25, a list of the top people, places, ideas and things redefining how the world is connected.
- Website: Features a rich tapestry of stories, interviews, research and content supporting the FedEx point of view.
- Emails: Alert more than 100 thousand subscribers to fresh content on the website.
- Social media posts and executive speeches: Drive awareness and amplify content dedicated to design professionals.
Access provides a powerful storytelling platform for all FedEx stakeholders, corporate communications, brand, marketing, investor relations and executive communications — and is highly valued by sales.
Most recent edition:
- 3,000+ new subscribers
- 82,000+ monthly article engagements
- Posts featuring Access content appeared on more than a million LinkedIn pages