Momentum Magazine is the largest MS-related publication in the country and is delivered to more than 500,000 people throughout the United States. A dynamic, responsive website is also available as are tablet applications for iPad and Android.
- Attract more readers through multiple media channels
- Be the go-to source for news and information about MS
- Better engage the MS community through improved content
- Enhance the value of the Momentum brand
- Develop more synergy between the magazine content and Society’s wealth of online resources
- Missed content integration opportunities without a consistent web presence.
- Lack of awareness about the existing app and lack of engagement – page-turning PDF did not add additional value for reader.
In 2012, The Society partnered with GLC to embark on a redesign of its print publication and introduced a companion responsive website and tablet app. It overhauled its print content to better align story topics with readers’ interests. It also introduced new editorial departments to make the content more user-friendly and in line with its “living well” philosophy. These departments include “Thrive,” “In the know,” “This is me” and “Fired up.” In addition, the magazine interfaces with the website and tablet, introducing and promoting NMSS links, videos and Web-exclusive content.
- Redesign of its print publication and introduced a responsive website and native tablet app.
- The magazine interfaces with the website and tablet, introducing and promoting NMSS links, videos and Web-exclusive content.
- Overhauled print content to better align story topics with readers’ interests.
- New editorial departments to make the content more user-friendly and in line with its “living well” philosophy.
- Higher launch rates than previous Momentum app (Range of new users in 2011-13 was between 580 and 1,028 each month, # of new sessions averaged about 6,000)
- Total downloads from Fall 2013 - Summer 2014 (11 months) has reached nearly 10K
- Total time spent per reader in app averages to 20.87 minutes (Fall 2013 - Summer 2014)
- Winner: Healthline’s Top 10 iPhone and Android apps of 2014
- Winner: Folio Eddie Award for Best Association Magazine
- Winner: Custom Content Council Bronze Award for Best Redesign
- Winner: Hermes Creative Award for Overall Website Design; Honorable Mention for Best Redesign
CUSTOM MEDIA PRODUCTS: