The Content Council has been celebrating excellence in content marketing since 2004, making The Pearl Awards the longest running and most prestigious content marketing awards program in the United States. Content Marketers - small and large; B2B and B2C; representing clients in a wide range of industries; and producing programs across multiple channels – have had the honor of winning a Pearl Award over the last 13 years. The awards are open to both agencies, and brand marketers. The Pearl Awards are truly a global competition – in 2016 we received entries from a record 87 companies around the world.
The 2017 awards are open for entry!
Overall Awards - celebrating a particular element of your content strategy
Best Interactive Content
Best Internal Communications
Best Long Form Writing
Best Native Advertising/Advertorial
Best Overall Content Solution
Best Print Magazine (design) B2B
Best Print Magazine (design) B2C
Best Print Magazine (editorial) B2B
Best Print Magazine (editorial) B2C
Best Social Media
Best Special Issue/One Off Campaign
Best Use of Email
Best Use of Influencers in Content Marketing
Most Innovative Content Solution
Industry Specific Categories - celebrating your overall, multi-channel content strategy
Corporate Social Responsibility
Fashion and Beauty
Food & Beverage/Restaurants
Industrial, Manufacturing and Construction
Technology & Telecommunications
Travel and Leisure
Content Innovator of the Year (open to everyone)
Caldwell Award (open to members only)
Best Content Director
Best Creative Director
Entry Fees June 6th - September 8th, 2017:
Overall and Industry Specific Categories
Members - $200 per entry
Non-members - $325 per entry
Late fees will be applied to any entries submitted between September 9th - 22nd, 2017:
Overall and Industry Specific Categories
Members - $250 per entry
Non-members - $375 per entry
Members - $50 per entry
Non-members - $65 per entry
You may submit one payment for multiple entries. Click here to pay for your entries.
Please note: any entries not paid for in full by September 22nd will be disqualified.
Who Is Eligible to Enter?
All companies providing content marketing services, whether they are an agency or a brand, a member or a non-member, may enter their work. All publications, whether print or digital, must have been produced between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017.
How to Enter:
- The awards are open to members and non-members of The Content Council, to brands and agencies. They are open to all countries and all global content will be accepted
- It is important that you can prove the effectiveness of your content strategy – pay particular attention to the results section of the entry form. The judges are especially looking for data and statistics that can prove ROI.
- Entry is online. However, if you would like to submit a hard copy of a book, magazine, white paper etc., please send three copies of the publication, each with a separate entry form printed and attached to it to: The Content Council, 355 Lexington Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10017. We need to receive all hard copies by September 22nd.
- Payment can either be submitted by credit card when you finalize your entries online or by check. You may also request an invoice by emailing Anna on AMcManus@kellencompany.com.
Please note: any entries not paid for in full by September 22nd will be disqualified
- All materials submitted become the property of The Content Council and will not be returned
- All application questions must be answered in English
- You may enter new books, annual reports, brochures, and other publications that were a one-off campaign in the ‘special issue’ category
Please note: If sending hard copies, please attach 1 entry form to each copy.
You will be asked to provide the following details on your entry form:
Your company name
Name of client
The deadline to submit your application is 11:59pm ET on September 22nd 2017.
Entries will be judged in October 2017 by a panel of marketing executives, academics, journalists, editors, designers, corporate strategists, and publishers across the U.S. The shortlist will be announced in late October 2017 and the winners will be announced at the award ceremony in December 2017.