WIKA Instrument Guru
According to Jason McClain, Senior Group Marketing Manager, WIKA’s challenges with content marketing were many years in the making. “Like many manufacturers of non-consumer goods, especially in mature B2B industries, WIKA had a content deficit. We had slipped into producing spec sheets and product brochures. In other words, we were just present in our markets with products, which almost always contributes to commoditization and competing on price,” recalls McClain.
- EnVeritas Group would act as an offshoot of WIKA Instruments’ marketing department to develop need-it-now, industry-relevant content that affects decision-makers’ actions/conversion rates.
- Write on- and off-site collateral to educate and empower end users (plant engineers, buyers, distributers).Drive relevant traffic to the website through creation of technically specific content, and track those visitors’ actions.
- Keep brand top of mind and increase share of voice across platforms through targeted content strategy and creation as well as concrete thought leadership./Publishers/EnVeritas-Group
- Create quality content for WIKA’s new blog, incorporating quality links to the main WIKA site.
- Maintain social media sites with interesting, audience-centric content and increase audience engagement.
A content strategy was developed around discussing insights about trends and resulting industry needs. This strategy coincided with WIKA’s launch of a professional services group that provides instrument audits and safety training, both of which are growing in demand from industries with large numbers of retiring baby-boomers. “Without research and compelling content, we didn’t really have a narrative to explain what unique value we offered,” continues McClain. “Despite the fact that our services are needed, just creating the team and structure wasn’t enough. We had to engage in the narratives driving trends and realities on the ground.”
The result of focusing solely on product catalogs and content was a low share of voice in search engine results. In addition, even if visitors came to the site, few pieces of content existed to help guide plant engineers, buyers and maintenance teams to the right products.