Whole Foods Market - North Atlantic Region
A semi-annual publication, Whole Foods Market magazine was developed by Rodale Grow to inspire consumer taste for healthy eating from young families, to organic and health conscious consumers. The primary target base of Whole Foods Market magazine is the consumer -shopper - defined as 25-54 with kids, 55-64 without kids; skews more female; HHI $75k plus. The magazine also provides communications benefits to secondary targets, including the Whole Foods Market Team, suppliers and other stakeholders.
200,000 copies per issue are distributed in-store in 28 Whole Foods Markets in their North Atlantic region in VT, MA, RI, CT. The print publication is also available digitally through zMag. Additionally, we have created a video series to support Munch.
To bring Whole Foods Market’s mission of “Whole foods, whole people, whole planet” to life in the North Atlantic region through a custom magazine publication. Reinforce Whole Foods Market’s passion for good food and values that matter while increasing customer’s opinion of Whole Foods Markets and products.
- Bring the Whole Foods Market brand to life through words and pictures.
- Showcase Whole Foods Market as the trusted community market committed to helping their stakeholders live a healthy lifestyle.
- Broaden the recognition of Whole Foods Market beyond the best retailer of natural and organic foods to being the best food retailer.
- Place Whole Food Market’s differentiators directly in their customers’ hands.
- Continue support of a key corporate healthy eating initiative; the “Health Starts Here” program.
- Underscore how emphasis on fresh, perishable, natural products differentiates Whole Foods Market from conventional supermarkets.
- Showcase WFM commitment to win-win partnerships with their suppliers.
- Highlight the Whole Foods Market Team – tapping into the deep and authentic expertise of department heads and other associates.
- Integrate real customers as a way to tell the Whole Foods Market stories through the customer’s lens.
- Portray Whole Foods Market as approachable and affordable.
- Motivate customers to try new things and experiment with food.
- Show how Whole Foods Market (North Atlantic region) is a deeply involved member of the New England community.
- Featuring greater social media integration to Whole Foods Market Magazine and Munch
- Attracting a more niche audience in millennial and foodies.
- Striking the balance between appeal, on –trend stories and representing Whole Foods
The Whole Foods Market magazine tells the personal, memorable stories of the farmers, fisherman and other suppliers to Whole Foods Market from around the region and around the world, to help consumers understand where good food comes from and to grow their appreciation for the care, love, and precision that goes into providing food that is healthy, for people and for the planet.
The publication provides practical ideas and tips about food for affordable seasonal eating and living a greener lifestyle through multiplatform content magazine, online content, recipe development, and kid’s program. Create and publish Whole Foods Market Magazine biannually and Whole Foods Market Munch annually.
Whole Foods Market magazine provides readers with fresh, practical ideas and tips about food and living a healthy lifestyle. Editorial includes easy, affordable seasonal eating pointers, entertaining ideas, simple ways to live a greener life, relevant products, advice from industry experts, WFM suppliers and passionate team members, and news about the nutritional benefits of foods.
Though the publication is free we took a true newsstand approach to the cover. Customers are bombarded with literature day after day. They need to know immediately that this is a magazine and it’s one they will be interested in.
- 2/3 of readers are extremely or very satisfied with the magazine.
- More than half said Whole Foods Market magazine makes them feel better about Whole Foods Market.
- 2013 Whole Foods Market - Marketing Supplier of the Year for the North Atlantic Region.
- 21 Pearl Awards across duration of client relationship in Design, Editorial, Strategy, and Design from 2010 to present. 17 for Whole Foods Market Magazine and 4 for Munch.
- 2014 Gold Pearl award for Design: Best use of Typography.
- 2014 Bronze Pearl award for Editorial: Best Feature Article/Package.
- 2014 Ragan’s Content Marketing Award for Best Print Publication.