FT Future of News
Trust, Technology and Transformation in an Age of Upheaval
Date: June 6, 2019
Location: Park Hyatt New York, New York
Discount Code: TCC20
As controversies swirl around the top echelons of politics, and the forces of digital disruption transform access to media, the news industry in America is more than ever in the spotlight, increasingly challenged on accountability and profitability.
Trust and transparency remain key issues, as the fourth estate becomes entangled in the polarization of American politics, and the major technology platforms struggle to clamp down on the use of fake news to derail democracy.
What is the most effective and sustainable growth path for the news industry in this rapidly shifting political and technological environment? How should it adapt to changing consumer preferences and priorities? What are the implications for advertisers, whose own industry is undergoing massive change?
Building on its ground-breaking launch in March 2018, FT Future of News will once again gather top media and advertising executives, editors, academics and technology leaders in New York to discuss the risks and opportunities facing the industry in an unprecedented era of disruption.
The Content Council subscribers get a 20% discount with the code: TCC20
- Marty Baron, Executive Editor, The Washington Post
- Rebecca Blumenstein, Deputy Managing Editor, The New York Times
- Heather Dietrick, CEO, The Daily Beast
- Steve Forbes, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, Forbes Media
- James Goldston, President, ABC News
- Rob Norman, Senior Advisor, Group M
- Noah Oppenheim, President, NBC News
- David Pemsel, CEO, Guardian Media Group
- Ben Smith, Editor-in-Chief, BuzzFeed News
For more information, please visit: live.ft.com/FutureofNews